Friday 20 December 2013

Our parents are not perfect


 

I often thought my parents were perfect during my growing up years. When I was a teenager, they seem to get less smart and backward in the way they think and do things. This made me question their thinking, judgment and lifestyle. I often fought with their decisions on me as they didn’t suit me and how I wanted to live. They wanted to pattern my life to be straightforward, and I wanted a little more fun in it.
Recently, I have come to discover that they are not perfect. They only tried, in the way they thought was right, to bring up a child. It is usually hard to admit the truth, but at this point of my life, looking back, they were often right. Although the tension may still be hanging in the air, as we may not talk freely like they would want me to, sometimes I wish they had explained what they were trying to do for me.
But am sure you will ask, “If they ventured to explain to you at that tender age, do you think you would have understood them?”
You can never tell. The minds of children are sharper than you can think of. Our heavenly Father teaches them beyond our expectation.

Did you experience something different with your parents? Share with us…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do appreciate your reading my blog posts. Thanks for stopping by...

Related Posts

Hot