Follow me by Email and get interesting updates

Saturday, 19 October 2013

A very sad experience

I woke up one Friday morning with the hopes of going home after the day's work to return on Sunday. Reason being that I haven't gone home for a very long time. I went to the market to buy wine, shoes and bags for the people at home. I went to work in the morning and I couldn't wait for work closing time. 

At exactly 5 o'clock,  my boss came into the general office asking me to shutdown and go. I was happy because he just save me from taking a night journey. I left the office by 5:05pm. On getting to the park it was almost 5:30pm. I was the second to the last person that boarded the last available bus. It took about thirty minutes to get out of the hold-up right in front of the motor park. We began our journey at about 6:15pm. 

On the road, we met a couple of hold-up, accident spots and all the hazards involving a close night journey. By 7:35pm, I alighted from the bus, and trekked for about 20 minutes into the estate where my parents are residing. While i was trekking down the road, I was scared. I couldn't make call because of fear of informing any thief around that somebody was around. The estate was very quiet except for the few houses that had their generator on. 

Suddenly, I had a feeling that my parents may not be around, but I pushed it away because I always believed that even if they traveled, my two sisters will always be around. I entered our street and on getting closer, I discovered their was no light in the house. When I got to the gate, the padlock was in place, firmly secured. JESUS CHRIST!!! What is happening? Where do I go by 8:00pm? I called my parents, their phones were switched off. I called my two sisters but they were not picking.  Continue...

After a while, one of my sisters answered my call. I was already vexed and was trying to control myself. Rain started falling, I was drenched in the rain, thinking of what to do. My sister that picked her call was still laughing with her friend while I was getting drenched. I had to shout for her to hear me and when she did, she said I should enter our neighbor's house opposite our own house. I was hiding in the dark to make these calls and had to come out and knock on our neighbors gate while praying God for protection. 

Luckily for me, our neighbor opened their gate and let me in. I was so hungry I could eat anything around. The man's wife served me tea and bread. I had my bath and cleaned my body with the wrapper i was given. I had nothing to wear, so i wore the wet clothes to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I had to brush my teeth with bitter leaf stick as I was not with my toothbrush. I had my bath and cleaned my body, with the same wrapper and wore my clothes with no body cream to apply or perfume to spray. I was served tea and bread again as breakfast and traveled back to where I came from with all the gifts I bought. 
It was indeed a very bad day for me.

1 comment:

  1. Came from Romance meets life, this is indeed a touching experience. Thank God nothing worse happened to you.


I do appreciate your reading my blog posts. Thanks for stopping by...

Related Posts